For those who use Mac must have heard about AirPrint printer, but there are people who still don’t know how to connect printer to Mac. AirPrint is the newest technology from Apple which allow you to print high quality pictures or document without downloading or installing the driver. Major printer manufacturers have included AirPrint technology in their latest printer models. AirPrint make your printing work much easier since you can print the documents or pictures instantly from your Apple devices such as Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch via wireless network.
How to connect printer to Mac via wireless network
The latest AirPrint printer models often have control panel with built-in display.
- Input the name and password of your Wi-Fi and your printer will automatically connected to your Wi-Fi.
- Install printer app from your manufacturers into your Mac.
- Open the app and add your printer. Now your AirPrint printer has connected with your Mac.
A note for you, AirPrint printer should be in the same wireless network with your Mac or any other Apple devices.
How to connect printer to Mac via USB cables
USB cable can be used to setup wireless connections manually or when you want to print by offline connection.
- Connect AirPrint devices with your Mac using USB cable
- Each AirPrint devices would come with Mac software inside the package. Install that software.
- Use printer setup assistant to connect AirPrint devices with wireless network.
- Unplug the USB cable. Your print already connected with your Wi-Fi network.
If you cannot use AirPrint to print the document or if your Mac cannot detect your AirPrint device, here are what you should do:
- Update your Mac operating system using Software Update and also the printer app from Mac Apple Store.
- Update the latest iOS system if your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch cannot detect AirPrint devices, as well as the printer app inside Apple devices.
- Find out if there are firmware update for your AirPrint device directly from manufacturer’s website.
- Wait for moment after you turn on the printer. Some AirPrint printers takes a little bit more times for loading before it is ready to connect with Wi-Fi.
For further information, refer yourself to printer owner’s manual or contact the manufacturers. Visit official Apple website to get information which printers that have AirPrint technology in their system. Those are how to connect printer to Mac. Hope this article can give you benefits to support your work.
Incoming search terms:
- Your mac is conneced to the printer via airprint driver