How to Get Printer Online in Windows 7, 8 and 10 – When we are in a rush, having printer offline can be annoying. Printer becomes offline usually because of few reasons such as paper jam or out of paper. Once we fix the problems, we should change the computer back online manually or else your printer won’t print the documents you needed. Having information of how to get printer online is important, like we have below this. We assume that you use Windows 7, 8 and 10 computer or laptop since these computer systems are most used recently.
How to get printer online in Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Press ‘Windows’ button on the keyboard or click ‘Windows’ start menu at the bottom left of the screen.
- Select ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Choose printer that being offline and right-click to its icon. Offline printers usually are slightly faded. Click ‘See what’s printing’.
- If the printer is offline you’ll see the check mark in front of ‘Use printer offline’. Remove the check mark and wait for a while for printer automatically continue the printing job.
If your printer still offline even though you already step above, maybe there’s still a problem on the printer. Here are troubleshooting steps for common problems.
If printer still offline after following the steps above
- Check the printer whether it is turn on or not.
- Check the USB cable whether it is connected properly in its socket at the back of laptop or printer.
- Restart the computer and the printer if you connect both of them with wireless network. If necessary, re-establish the wireless connection for both items.
- Update the network setting if you have changed the router or the name of wireless network. You can create new network setting directly from display menu your printer. If the printer doesn’t have display menu, connect the printer with laptop using USB cable and set new network setting from laptop.
- Check port status by right-clicking printer icon in ‘Devices and Printers’ menu and choose Printer Properties. Select ‘Port’ tab then select the correct port from the list. Click ‘Apply’ button and ‘OK’.
- Check the print spooler. If necessary, restart the spooler.
- Check the firewall or any malware antivirus program which can cause problem for building connection between printer and us.
- The last effort is uninstalling the printer then reinstall back.
Those are few steps how to get print online including how to fix the problems. Hope you can follow the instruction and eliminate the hardware issues and network communication problem.